Adult Education at Temple Sinai is dynamic, fun and meaningful. Rabbi Malcolm Cohen and Cantor Mariana Gindlin strive to explore issues which access the incredible depth of our tradition while making it relevant to life as a Jew in the twenty-first century.
Adult Education includes discussion groups, lectures, audio-visual experiences and film presentations. This year the following will be amongst our topics:
- The Talmud: We Wouldn’t Be Jewish In The Same Way Without It: A Beginner’s Course In Three Parts
- Kabbalah: Find Out The Secrets Of The Universe: A Beginner’s Course In Three Parts
- Judaism On The Net: What’s Good
- The Ten Jewish Films To See Before I Die: Five sessions Based Around The Themes Of The Holocaust, Israel, Torah Texts In The Movies, Interfaith Relationships & God.
- How Do I Have A Relationship With Israel if I Live Here?
- American Judaism: History, Myth, Future.
We believe that our Hebrew classes are vital to enable members and the wider community to find a special gateway into Judaism. Learning Hebrew makes Judaism richer, deeper and more poetic.
Our Conversion classes provide an access point into Jewish life for individuals and those who have a Jewish partner. We also assist with childrens’ Jewish status issues. Rabbi Cohen is always happy to make time to discuss conversion and the options surrounding it. He works collaboratively with other Rabbis in the valley to set the seal on conversions at the Rabbinic Court (Beit Din).
Adult Education is free to members and classes vary. Contact office or view Calendar for details.